I love inspirational quotes, especially those that promote well-being, and remind us to live in the now. So here are a few of my favourite mindfulness quotes to inspire your day.
Whatever your life looks like at the moment, I hope you will feel inclined to pause and take a breath as you read.
1. “Meditation is the ultimate mobile device; you can use it anywhere, anytime, unobtrusively.” ― Sharon Salzberg
2. “Mind is a flexible mirror, adjust it, to see a better world.” ~ Amit Ray
3. “Stop, breathe, look around and embrace the miracle of each day, the miracle of life.” ~ Jeffrey A. White
4.“If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” ~ Amit Ray
5. “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
6. “Few of us ever live in the present. We are forever anticipating what is to come or remembering what has gone.” ~ Louis L'Amour
7. “Breathe out unwanted thoughts with your exhale and re-focus your attention directly on what is important right now, at this moment.” ~ Amit Ray
8. “Do not ruin today with mourning tomorrow.” ~ Catherynne M. Valente
9. “Restore your attention or bring it to a new level by dramatically slowing down whatever you're doing.” ~ Sharon Salzberg
10. “Mindfulness isn't difficult, we just need to remember to do it.” ~ Sharon Salzberg
11. “Be happy in the moment, that's enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” ~ Mother Teresa
12. "Enjoy this moment, it is Unique and never to be repeated." ~ Neil Sutton
13. “Mindset is your beliefs about your potential, skills, strength, intelligence and choices. Through mindfulness you can change your mindset.” ~ Amit Ray
14. “Let go of the battle. Breathe quietly and let it be. Let your body relax and your heart soften. ” ~ Jack Kornfield
15. “We use mindfulness to observe the way we cling to pleasant experiences & push away unpleasant ones.” ― Sharon Salzberg
16. “Suffering usually relates to wanting things to be different from the way they are.” ~ Allan Lokos
17. “Mindfulness could also be described as "heartfulness" because it is really about a compassionate awareness.” ~ Mark Williams
18. “Meditation practice isn't about trying to throw ourselves away and become something better. It's about befriending who we are already.” ~ Pema Chodron
19. “Life is a dance. Mindfulness is witnessing that dance.” ~ Amit Ray
20. “Mindfulness is simply being aware of what is happening right now without wishing it were different; enjoying the pleasant without holding on when it changes (which it will); being with the unpleasant without fearing it will always be this way (which it won’t).” – James Baraz
21. “Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow’s troubles. It takes away today's peace.” ~ Randy Armstrong
To see how mindful you are take The Mindfulness Quiz.
If you want to learn more about how mindfulness can help you with your anxiety, then please call me for a Free 15 minute consultation. We can talk about what is going on for you and I can answer any questions you might have. If I am with a client I will get back to you as soon as I can.