I love inspirational quotes, especially those that promote well-being, and remind us to live in the now. So here are a few of my favourite mindfulness quotes to inspire your day.
Whatever your life looks like at the moment, I hope you will feel inclined to pause and take a breath as you read.
1. “Meditation is the ultimate mobile device; you can use it anywhere, anytime, unobtrusively.” ― Sharon Salzberg
2. “Mind is a flexible mirror, adjust it, to see a better world.” ~ Amit Ray
3. “Stop, breathe, look around and embrace the miracle of each day, the miracle of life.” ~ Jeffrey A. White
4.“If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” ~ Amit Ray
5. “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
6. “Few of us ever live in the present. We are forever anticipating what is to come or remembering what has gone.” ~ Louis L'Amour
7. “Breathe out unwanted thoughts with your exhale and re-focus your attention directly on what is important right now, at this moment.” ~ Amit Ray
8. “Do not ruin today with mourning tomorrow.” ~ Catherynne M. Valente
9. “Restore your attention or bring it to a new level by dramatically slowing down whatever you're doing.” ~ Sharon Salzberg
10. “Mindfulness isn't difficult, we just need to remember to do it.” ~ Sharon Salzberg
11. “Be happy in the moment, that's enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” ~ Mother Teresa
12. "Enjoy this moment, it is Unique and never to be repeated." ~ Neil Sutton
13. “Mindset is your beliefs about your potential, skills, strength, intelligence and choices. Through mindfulness you can change your mindset.” ~ Amit Ray
14. “Let go of the battle. Breathe quietly and let it be. Let your body relax and your heart soften. ” ~ Jack Kornfield
15. “We use mindfulness to observe the way we cling to pleasant experiences & push away unpleasant ones.” ― Sharon Salzberg
16. “Suffering usually relates to wanting things to be different from the way they are.” ~ Allan Lokos
17. “Mindfulness could also be described as "heartfulness" because it is really about a compassionate awareness.” ~ Mark Williams
18. “Meditation practice isn't about trying to throw ourselves away and become something better. It's about befriending who we are already.” ~ Pema Chodron
19. “Life is a dance. Mindfulness is witnessing that dance.” ~ Amit Ray
20. “Mindfulness is simply being aware of what is happening right now without wishing it were different; enjoying the pleasant without holding on when it changes (which it will); being with the unpleasant without fearing it will always be this way (which it won’t).” – James Baraz
21. “Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow’s troubles. It takes away today's peace.” ~ Randy Armstrong
If you want to learn more about how mindfulness can help you with your anxiety, then please call me for a Free 15 minute consultation. We can talk about what is going on for you and I can answer any questions you might have. If I am with a client I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Did you enjoy this blog post? Then add yourself to my list.
SIGNUP AND RECEIVE:
→ My Free Report – Surviving Stressful Life Transitions
→ Bonus – Relaxing 5 minute Mindfulness audio
→ Plus – Blog Updates to Inspire & Empower you